The new PotashCorp Civic Centre is a modern, year-round, multi-use wellness facility that will have a tremendous impact on the lives of residents and the quality of life throughout all of Kings County. The complex opened in 2012 and houses an indoor aquatic facility and therapy pool, a fitness center, and a walking/jogging track.
The PotashCorp Civic Centre's mission is to offer a broad range of health and wellness, personal development, leadership training and community service programs. These programs are all dedicated to the growth of persons in physical, mental and social wellbeing.
In congruence with this mission, the PotashCorp Civic Centre strives to be/have:
- Family Oriented
- All Inclusive
- Community Spirit
For more information on the specific programs and amenities we offer, please use the department links above.
To insure the safety of all, please note the following guidelines.
A guardian must be 16 years of age or older.
FOR MEMBERS ONLY: You can apply to have a 13-15 years old supervise family members that are 12 and under. Conditions apply, see Guest Services for details. Note: Waivers expire after 6 months.
- Children 12 and under must have a parent/guardian in the building at all times
- Children 13-15 must have a waiver signed by a parent/guardian on file, but can be in the building on their own.
- Children 5 and under must be accompanied by a parent/guardian into the pools and must be in the same pool as the parent/guardian.
- Children 6 and older must be able to demonstrate that they can swim on their own in order to not have a parent/guardian accompany them into the pool.
- Children under 12 are not permitted in the Fitness Centre.
- Children aged 12-14 must take our Fit Start Orientation and be approved by Fitness Centre staff in order to use the Fitness Centre.
- Children aged 12, after taking our Fit Start Orientation, still require a parent in the facility at all times.
- Children under 12 are not permitted on the Track without a Guardian present.