FUNDY CIVIC CENTRE INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The regular meeting of Board of Directors of the FUNDY CIVIC CENTRE INC. was held at Wesley Hall on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, beginning at 7:00pm.
Brenda Leask Town of Sussex
Doug O’Leary, Chair Parish of Studholm
Nelson Ball Parish of Waterford
Shelly Vail Kingswood University
Alex Coffin Manager of Potash Corp Civic Centre
Jodi Totton Cummings Parish of Sussex
Nicole Clement Village of Norton
Kevin Maillet, Treasurer Town of Sussex
Patsy Shay Village of Sussex Corner
Raya Khedheri, Secretary Parish of Studholm
Blair Hyslop Town of Sussex
Barb Daley Parish of Cardwell
Kirk Sabine, Vice-President Kingswood University
1. The meeting was called to order by Doug O’Leary at 7:05pm.
2. Brenda Leask motioned we approve the agenda, seconded by Kevin Maillet.
Motion 02-28-18-321-28-75 Carried
3. Brenda Leask motioned we approved the minutes from January 31, 2018, seconded by Shelley Vail.
Motion 02-28-18-322-28-75 Carried
4. Alex presented the manager’s report. Nelson Ball motioned that we increase Sherwood’s salary by 3%, from $32,126.00 to $33,100.00 and seconded by Shelley Vail.
Motion 02-28-18-323-28-75 Carried
5. Kevin presented the financial report.
Doug confirmed that the RSC Committee refused to fund the consultant costs for the center. Doug wrote a letter to Dr Lenox thanking him for the use of Wesley Hall for our meetings.
United Way donated $1500 towards the consultant costs.
Alex working on corporate memberships.
6. Committee reports:
Brenda Leask updated the board on the Splash Cash, starting March 4.
Jodi Totton requested that Erica DeWinter come to our next meeting to review the marketing plan.
Shelley Vail informed the board that the center will be having energy audits.
Nelson Ball requested that we have a planning session on April 15 from 3-8 with Tanya Chapman(consultant. Nelson requested that Tanya meets with all of the committees before the session.
7. Old Business
Go Train withdrew their proposal to provide group fitness classes to the center.
8. New Business
Nothing at this time.
9. Shelley Vail motioned to close the meeting at 8:45pm.
Motion 02-28-18-324-28-75 Carried
*Next meeting date: March 28th, 2018 at 6:30